^
#
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
::
+
"
?

BOGO

BOGO

adj. “Buy One, Get One (Free),” meaning a sale where you get two of the same ITEM for the REGULAR PRICE of one. Also B1G1.

NOTE: BOGO items are not half price. If you only buy one, you still pay full price.

BOGO ITEM SHELF TAGS are flagged with the distinctive “FREE” decorator you see in the photo, upper right. Individual ITEMS themselves may or may not have small BOGO stickers, as in the photo, lower right. Note the PERFORATIONS. Only the top part of the sticker has adhesive, allowing the bottom, printed portion of the sticker to be torn off once the SALE is over if the ITEM goes unsold.

TRUE STORY: It's embarrassing, but I've done it. I once picked up only one unit of a BOGO item that was on sale two-for-one. At first I didn't think I needed that much, so why take two? Checkout proceeded normally. After all, it's not against the rules to bypass an opportunity. Halfway home a little light in my head sputtered back on. “D'oh!” I said, as I smacked my forehead and drove back. I took my receipt to the CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK where the nice lady behind the counter smiled and then gave me permission to go and pick up the second unit that I'd actually already paid for.

No comments: